• Centre has announced One Nation One Ration Card under NFSA (National Food Security Act) launched in June 2019.
• The scheme is launched for the people, who can now avail the benefits under the Public Distribution System (PDS) no matter wherever they are in the country.
• Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman stated that 100 percent of ration cardholders will be covered under this scheme by March 2021.
• The scheme will be implemented by August for 67 crore beneficiaries in 23 states. This is 83% of the entire PDS system. This scheme is highly beneficial for migrant workers.
Key Highlights of Card:
• It will identify a beneficiary through biometric authentication electronic point of sale (EPOS) devices installed at the FPS (Fair Price Shop).
• It will be a 10-digit standard ration card number, wherein the first two digits will be state code and the next two digits will be ration card number.
• The new scheme will use Aadhar to identify beneficiaries.
The post [AspirantWorld Explained] Finance Minister announces “One Nation One Ration Card” Scheme. appeared first on Aspirant World.