• National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has developed the ‘National Migrant Information System (NMIS)’, a central online repository on Migrant Workers to facilitate their seamless movement across States.
• The online portal would maintain a central repository on migrant workers and help in speedy inter-State communication/co-ordination to facilitate their smooth movement to native places.
• It has additional advantages like contact tracing, which may be useful in overall COVID-19 response work.
• The key data pertaining to the persons migrating has been standardized for uploading such as name, age, mobile no., originating and destination district, date of travel, etc. which States are already collecting.
• States will be able to visualize how many people are going out from where and how many are reaching destination States.
Mains Paper 2: National
Prelims level: National portal to track migrants movement
Mains level: Aims of the portal
The post National portal to track migrants movement by trains and buses appeared first on Aspirant World.