• In the wake of the gas leak at a factory in Visakhapatnam, the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has issued detailed guidelines for restarting industries after the lockdown and the precautions to be taken for the safety of the plants as well as the workers.
• It is under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
• To coordinate the response to natural or man-made disasters and for capacity-building in disaster resiliency and crisis response.
• NDMA was established through the Disaster Management Act enacted in 2005.
• The Prime Minister is the ex-officio chairperson of the NDMA, who chairs a 9-member board. The day-to-day management of the agency is overseen by the office of the Vice Chair.
Mains Paper 3: Disaster Management
Prelims level: NDMA
Mains level: Issues guidelines for restarting industrial activities by NDMA
The post NDMA issues guidelines for restarting industrial activities appeared first on Aspirant World.